Tuesday 3 May 2011

Rattle Tales

I love discovering new and interesting ways to enjoy words and the brilliant Rattle Tales is both. Billed as a night of interactive story-telling, it's an event where authors perform their story and are treated to direct feedback from the audience with, among other things, lots of rattle shaking. Now, if you are an author you may be forgiven for thinking this all sounds rather terrifying but it is a supportive and upbeat atmosphere with the emphasis on a fun environment to share a love of stories and story-telling.

When I read about the inaugural event held in March my first thought was that I wanted to attend the next one and hot on the heels was my second thought - let's host it as part of the Brighton Book Festival! So I contacted the organiser and was delighted to hear that they would be happy to take part. We've got the venue, date and time sorted and now the Rattlers are calling for submissions. For details of how to submit please go here


Of course this event is as much about the audience as it is about the performers so please come along, with or without a rattle to join in the fun. 


The event will take place on 12 June at 7.30 and I think it will be a perfect end for the festival. I can't wait.

You can buy your ticket for this event here.

No comments:

Post a Comment